View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:32 PM   #32
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Risk assessment- yeah, I like that. That works. Lots of things are risky, but there's often ways to reduce and manage the risk. I'm a scuba diver, which can be risky if you're not careful. So we're careful when we go in the water.

I'm lucky in having found a riding club that doesn't have an awful lot of tolerance for hooliganism. A couple of the members make me a little nervous being too close to them, but a- I've learned who I *like* to be near, and stick near those riders, and b- they're still safe, just not the style I like.

I'm quite happy to be on a bike at my age. I think I'm a bit more settled than I would have been had I got a bike when I initially wanted to. Less impatient, more able to see the bigger picture developing in traffic, more able to stay out of trouble.
I know you are comfortable with "lane splitting". I recently read some info, I can't remember where right now, where your chances of having an accident are much greater if you practice lane splitting. Please rethink your position on lane splitting.

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote