View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Another bump on this thread because I want to pick @alex.s's brain some more.

What if I kept my pod filter and 3" intake runners, but opened up holes in the front of the air box large enough to fit the clamps for my pod filter? I could then seal the pod filter to the inside of the front wall of the air box with silicon so the only way for air to get in would be through the air box lid, which is right under the seat.

Then I would be using the air box (with modified lid) as a consistent volume of cool air pulled from right underneath the seat instead of sucking hot air from right next to the engine. I would still get the high flow of the pod filter, but hopefully with smooth cool air from the air box.

You think that would be the best of both worlds? Basically all I'm looking to do is use the pod filter inside the air box instead of on its own.

EDIT: I think this would really give me more consistent incoming air temps and smoother air while moving. Looking at some of my data from my EFI logging shows me that my incoming air temp really varies with the engine temp (and if I'm idling for any period of time like at a light)

Last futzed with by choneofakind; February 17th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote