View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM   #1
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Armin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Well got that out of the way.

Looks like almost 2 weeks after I bought the bike I crashed it. I'd say all my fault and I feel bad for my baby. :/ here's what happened. I'll post pics tommorow.

Friends and I went to eat since I just passed the msf course today. After eating we thought it we would go on a short lil cruise through some back roads. So we went. I was driving really cautious but on some turns I felt comfortable with I was really pushing the lean angle ( not draggin knee or pegs but I could feel the lean) things were going well and I was approaching a left curve, couldn't tell the radius of the turn b/c of some trees on inside and it was dark. Well halfway through turn I noticied it was a bit sharper then expect but I think I was still good, me though since I was being SO CAUTIOUS brought the bike up out of lean and braked.. Brakes until I went off side of Todd and right away low side and bike went down and so did I. I got up right away and went to turn off bike. I was fine. ( later hip started feeling a bit but nothing big) bike did turn off by itself though before I got to it. Brought it up and parked it. Friends came back because they were Infront of me (in a s2000) and I gave them plenty of space again I was bein cautious. Completely my fault though. I should of just kept leaning and looked through turn, instead I tArget fixated and braking didn't help. Wish I got it on video. Well after I was super heated mainly cuz bike shifter peg was bent in the most devilish angle I have ever seen. And would not start. Waited about 15 minutes and tried again nothing. Then gave it sd gas on startup and she started. I was so glad she was ok mechanically it seemed. Left turn signal did Pop off but I think we can put it back together tommorow and bend the shifter pet back in place tommorow. I was planning on getting inspection and registration done tommorow too :/. Well I learned my lesson, keep lookin through turn and watch the corners, I was being over cautious I think which really screwed me over. Their are some scratches and 2 cracks in front left fairing but I think most will buff out and the cracks I'll see about them.
aShifty is offline   Reply With Quote