View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2014, 04:39 PM   #1
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

I'm done getting wet!

I reached a milestone in 2014....today I finished 365 days of motorcycling...not missing a single day this year on my bike.

One of the things I've learned this year is that motorcycle rain suit manufacturers cant build an honest rainsuit for diddly. Even the expensive ones....still don't work as advertised. I've tried everything from frogg toggs to dianese. Minimal rain protection at best, and even the best of them will leak or render some part of your body wet.

Sure even something as simple as a cheapo frogg toggs set will keep you dry in little downpours, but what about a state to state ride in thunderstorms?

Yeah, you're gonna be wet.

After an entire year of riding, I'm done with this nonsense, and I'm pulling out the big guns.

No more wet butts, water in my boots, leaky seams, wet hands, water running up my sleeves....

I went and dropped mega-coin on Bass Pro Shops 100mph jacket and bibs, and I finally found some honest waterproof gloves in the Seirus Xtreme gloves from Academy.

I will no longer get wet...period. The only way to get wet in these things is to jump in a lake.

So if you are like me, and absolutely fed up with getting wet on your bike. Go get the 100mph gear at BassPro and be done with it. And grab a pair of the seirus waterproof gloves, which ARE actually waterproof for HOURS not minutes.

Are they expensive? Heck yeah they are expensive...and worth every cent.

Tested and approved. Screw mother nature.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.