View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2019, 07:44 PM   #1
wtfemery
ninjette.org member

Name: Emery

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

How should I deal with my gear while going to class?

Hey guys, So, If I can get my bike to run reliably (fingers crossed), I'll be using it as my primary way of transport from my apartment to my college campus (about 4 miles away) because parking passes are astronomically expensive for cars ($800+/yr) and I don't have that kind of money lol.

Anyways I started to wonder, What should I do with all my gear while I am in class for several hours at a time? I have a full face helmet and a CE armor jacket right now, and I'll soon have gloves, boots, and kevlar/armor pants once I get the bike running right.

I could wear the pants/boots in class, but what do I do about the jacket and helmet? I'll be walking several miles around campus all day and really just don't want to lug gear around the whole time. my '05 250R has the helmet lock, but I really don't know if that would actually deter thieves much, because it just locks the strap, and that helmet was exxpenssiivvee. Is there maybe some sort of cheap-ish bag I can put on the rear seat that locks holds everything securely?

I'd love to hear yall's methods for this. The cheapest possible solution would be the best for me as I'm broke af, but if I have to carry around a duffel bag I will because I'm not compromising my gear, and I really don't want it to be stolen.
wtfemery is offline   Reply With Quote