View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2019, 06:37 PM   #10
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfemery View Post
Good idea! though the only lockers I can find are at the fitness center and that's an extra 25 mins after arriving to check in and out and walk over to the class buildings :/
I've generally found the solutions for dealing with gear to be inconvenient, expensive, not secure, or some combination of those, but still generally more tolerable than driving for me. It's just a matter of what you find most bearable.

I've worn my gear to class a lot (and it always all comes with me if it's been raining).

I've left a giant motorcycle-specific duffel bag filled with my riding gear strapped to my bike with just a combo lock on the zipper but also pretty surprised nothing ever happened to my stuff cuz that wasn't secure at all. Wouldn't do that again tbh.

I've carried around a duffel bag full of my gear. Wearing the gear was easier for me than carrying it in a bulky bag.

I've seen people just lock their gear directly to their bike on the street, but I really don't trust people enough for that. Maybe your area is safer, but that wouldn't fly in some of the places I am in frequently.

I've ended up spending a ton more money on nice Givi luggage over the years because I go to enough things where I don't want to drag my gear around but still need it to be relatively secure. My current setup on my Ninja 300 allows me to store most of my gear (helmet, gloves, jacket, overpants) in a locking aluminum Givi trunk on my bike and then I either keep wearing my boots or switch to shoes and put the boots in my large backpack. That's the most expensive option though unfortunately.