View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:07 AM   #2
taz
????????????????

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250, 14 ninja 300, 09 1125CR

MOTM - May '17
this is from ninja wiki

The Kawasaki Service Manual has, from time immemoriam, recommended a fork oil level of 226mm for the 86-87 and 205mm for the 88-07, but we're here to say that that number is not correct. Rich Desmond of Sonic Springs, who works with this stuff every day, says that there should be more oil in your forks (remember that, since you are measuring down from the top, a smaller number means there is more oil/less air space). He recommends a level of 115mm, and several of the guys in the club have done so and report no ill effects. Instructions for Race Tech GVEs specify 130mm. Others have gone with 200mm and say that that level works fine. The FAQ recommendation is to choose one of these figures and then do some tuning if you have any doubt.

Note from Payne: I've historically (60,000 miles) run a fork oil level of 205mm per my manual, but based upon the FAQ I raised it today to 160mm and I've got to say, Wow! I could tell an improvement as soon as I left my driveway. Rode for 60 miles, and I definitely prefer this feel. The front feels "happier" and not quite so "nervous" and harsh. Seems to give a better feel for what's going on up there.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote