View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:11 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You'll be in my neck of the woods. Let me know how it goes. I'm hoping to get out to that road in the Miata one of these days. Or a bicycle.

If you're ever in the neighborhood on a dual sport, be sure to go down one road on the BRP and ride Curtis Creek road. It's a good curvy gravel road that's fun on a bicycle. Also, if you're that close, I think Mt Mitchell is ~20 miles south on the BRP from NC-80. If you head north, I've heard NC-226 is fun, but I've also not gotten there yet (I live on the south side of AVL).

Depending on how far south you go (Asheville is about an hour of freeway south from where you'll be, hit up 276 and 215 on both sides of the parkway, 151, Town Mountain Road (694), and Elk Mountain Scenic Highway.

A more realistic option for you... buck creek gap (80) south should dump you onto 70 in Black mountain, take 70 over to old fort, and then take bat cave road (I think it's called) down to 9, then continue down to the Chimney Rock/Lake Lure area on 74. There's plenty of great driving/riding roads that direction. You can take 9 back north to Black Mountain, where you'll find 40 and can head either to AVL for some tourist stuff, or back to the highway to head home.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote