View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:16 PM   #1
65Mulberry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki bandit 1200 Ninja 250

Squid Repli-Racer 250 build

So I have been lurking on here for few years but never posted anything. I started a café/repli-racer build a couple years ago -but then stuck it on the back burner due to time constraints. Just pulled it back out and started working on it in earnest.
I thought I would share some of the ideas pics and progress…

Let me start off by saying that I have owned about 20-25 EX250s… And I have my own junkyard of parts to draw from because I have a shop full of leftover bikes and parts so the upside to it was I don’t have to buy anything LOL can usually just pull it off the shelf in the back or one of my bikes leaningagainst the wall. For some reason I have managed to collect and attract numerous ninja 250 is in various stages of repair or disrepair or assembly or disassembly… So I finally decided to build one for myself. The first picture I will post up here it is the concept idea of what I want in the end product will look like and then I’ll continue a series of posts showing the progress and the steps I’ve done to achieve that.
My goal is not to build a race bike or a particularly fast bike… But I wanted to build something that will turn heads and start conversations. Mainly just for “squidding around town” as I say. Hence the name “Squid Racer”
I did a lot of research over the last couple years and I have looked at lots of café and Bob and chop and sport bikes of different sizes displacements and brands.
So here we go!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4005956F-BEB5-450F-8148-1D44975AC813.jpg (134.4 KB, 26 views)
65Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.