Thread: Reevu Helmet
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #77
wandyhee
ninjette.org member

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R FI, 2006 ZX10R

well, been 2 months plus now since i'm riding with reevu helmet on and what I can tell you guys is;

it's doesn't take long to get use to those rear view, few hour ride is enough or 1 day the most. it's just like you looking on side mirror whenever you want to look what's behind you or want to change lane, but not require much head tilt.. just keep the view level with the road behind and I can see everything behind me, more than what I can see in side mirror. i'm no longer use my side mirror as reference whenever I want to look what's behind me or when I want to change my lane. it's much easier with Reevu helmet. in fact, my side mirror folded all the time as I don't require it anymore. somehow, I still do head turn just for precaution.

most people say image shown is not as clear as what we've seen in glass mirror, it's VERY TRUE. Though it's not as clear as compared to mirror, it's at least give me maybe 85-95 percent of glass mirror quality. I can see clearly what kind of car's behind me. just have no time to check their plate number as I looking at rear view just for slight moment, or less than 2 second.. enough info for me to know what's behind

confortable; well, this helmet fit my head perfectly. I ordered it online and refer only the size they provide and measure my head circumference base on what they put on their website. ventilation is quite good, the only time I had to slightly open my visor is at the stop light (it's 33-35 digree C here during the day-whole year) but that's the only time I had to crack open the visor, just for easy breathing. during ride, no problem with visor fully closed.

noise level is not an issue at all for me. I don't hear any whistling noise so far. Weight? it's about 300grams heavier than AGV GPtech (1.5kg) where Reevu is about 1.8kg, not a big issue to me either.

I won't change or use any other helmet anymore unless it has the same tech Reevu had. It's much fun to ride with this helmet on and know who's exactly behind you when you're on group ride

... but I don't think it's work when we ride with pillion...