View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:37 AM   #1
PrometheanLiver
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2016 HD Roadster, 2014 Custom RE Continental GT, 1987 Ninja 250R and several more

'87 250R Track Bike Build by PrometheanLiver

Hi all,

Several weeks ago a nice lady who walked into my bar, we got to talking about her 1987 Ninja 250R. She had owned the bike since it was new, rode it around Queens and Manhattan, then had kids and parked the bike in her garage sometime in the mid 90's. In 2013, with only 4200 miles on the clock, she had the bike serviced to be put on the road, had a minor spill at about 5mph and never got back on the bike. Long story short - I bought her bike for $300.

I've built several bikes in various styles and applications, but the stoke for this build might surpass any of my other builds. Here is the brief, so far:

-Super lightweight track bike (Not racing ninja class, just want to go fast :P at track days). Every stock item that is not essential for the bike to run will be removed.
- Vintage Kawasaki enduro tank with carbon fiber fairing, seat, and nose fairing
- Tiny headlight, taillight, signals and horn will keep this bike "street legal"
- EX500 front suspension, wheels and ZX600 rear shock
- JE 13.5:1 high compression pistons, pod filters and semi-custom exhaust with rejetting

I will be posting a full build timeline here in this thread. As this unfolds, I welcome any help, comments, critiques.

Let the pictures roll! (Yes, I have a lot of mint parts for sale. The following post(s) will go into deatil about that.

Cheers,

Chris

PrometheanLiver is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.