View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2020, 11:53 PM   #1
memphisninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Spencer

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250 and Suzuki Burgman 400. Previously owned: 78 KZ650, 80 KZ440, 03 ZX6R

$150 Ninja 250 Build

Picked this up on FB for $150, only has 2300 miles on it and is in damn good condition besides missing some parts (luckily I have most of the parts. Was used as a parts bike, I plan on making it into a street fighter bike, but I can't make up my mind because the plastics are in good shape, just needs painting. The bike was missing a fuel petcock, ignition key, gas cap, upper triple tree, carbs,

Here is what I plan on doing.

Clean the bike and every nut, bolt, wire, plastic, etc. very thoroughly.

Order new Pirelli MT75 tires, new battery, fuel petcock, and a gas tank bracket

Re-grease and inspect the swing-arm bushings, suspension linkage bushings, new wheel bearings, new brake pads, clean the chain and oil (still good, just dirty as hell), and replace sprockets.

Change fork oil, upgrade fork springs, inspect steering stem bearing, check alignment on forks and triple trees, install clamp style handlebars on triple tree, make a headlight bracket.

Inspect the valve train and adjust valves if needed, check timing, and change the oil. Not planning on doing too much as the engine looks in damn good shape and has good compression (185 psi on both cylinders).

Get the extra carbs I have rebuilt by Ducatiman.

So far here is what I have done...

I've ordered a K&N pod filter, 110 main jets, 40 pilots, 15T front sprocket, front master cylinder, new ignition, upper triple tree, and a Pirelli Mt75 120/80-16 rear tire.

I have removed the rear end to be cleaned and inspected. I pulled the old air box out, I removed the chain and sprockets.

I am hoping for this to end up being a very clean build and cheap build. I expect to keep the grand total under $600.

_

memphisninja is offline   Reply With Quote