View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2023, 10:49 AM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

that's true ! I don't expect a noticable improvement at all but I know in my head that it will be a tad better than it was.... logic alone states that !
the way it was was a veriable room fan that sped up the higher the heat setting was set at. the exhaust going out the stove pipe was quite hot on all settings
so I know it's not the most efficient of stoves... but it ran and warmed the house on a bag and a half a day on most days.... that pirty good for here.!
...my other Tiny stove that could not keep up, did 1 1/4 bags a day consistantly
running at full blast most of the time but it wasn't enough heat on cold days
and the house really didn't feel all that warm.
so when we got this stove it was an abrupt change in heat output
it heated the house easily and it was worth the extra pellets just for that !
we still have cold rooms in the house... both bedrooms are nippy most of the time.... so we're not wasting too much heat all in all.
the Idea of slowing down the fan seems silly to me when the idea is to blow all the heat off the heater that you can get.... and I have no idea why they did that
it's not like they were concerned to keep the outside flue pipe at a certain tempiture because it can be at any tempiture.... no one cares !
our original heater , the small pellet stove... drew in intake air around the
exhaust pipe pre heating the intake air slightly..... this new one does not do that . it's intake air is a separate hole in the wall completely separate
from the hot exhaust..... which is unfortunate. but it does put out alot more heat.... something like 55,000 BTU's
so my modification will no doubt be unnoticeable as far as heat output go
and may only result in wearing out the fan sooner.... but it is what it is...
but I do think I will be getting more heat Out of the stove simply because the fan will be pushing more air through the stove.
I am a bit concerned about the burn adjustment however ...they some how
managed to control the burn rate by the exhaust fan I THINK .... a trim pot was used to set the burn on this thing... which is weird as my old stove had a damper door that you adjusted.... and I may well have to make one up for this one because there is no way to adjust the speed of either fan now
I might could use a light dimmer switch but I kind'a doubt it ..if so I could do that for either fan....
the Room fan is a big thing and the exhaust fan is fairly small
both are ball bearing and well balanced and run nice and quietly.
the idea of this stove is to make the hottest most intense heat source
from a hand full of wood pellets and extract that heat to warm the house
keeping the fire small and feeding it constantly but also burning it extreamily
hot.... the stainless steel burn pot glows a dull red all the time so it is quite hot ! .
we'll see if I can get my parts this week so I can put the stove back into action.... it's not looking good though as we have a blizzard going on outside right now.... and that is supposed to continue into tomorrow ...
that's the last thing I wanted to see when I got up this morning...
More Snow !
oooh well.....
Bob..........