Old May 28th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #10
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
How consistent is the wear? Are you developing a flat spot in the center?
You can't expect constant wear on the whole tire if you don't consistently use the whole tire. I just rode nearly 4000 miles of Hwy so I've been on the center 95% of the time so I don't expect to see even wear. In the past when I do more fun group rides and such I'd still wouldn't get even wear but instead the sides would wear out before the center. So as to your question of wether or not its flat spotting. Sure it must be, after all I've barely even touched the sides in comparison. As to wether or not I can see of feel a flat spot, well I can't really see it yet and I for sure don't feel it.

A flat spot isn't the end of the world because if you managed to flat spot your tire that means your doing most your riding on the center anyways and a flat spot has no ill effect at going strait. If your worried about a flat spotting because you really like to corner all the time then I wouldn't worry about it because if you really like to corner then you won't flat spot your tires and instead they'll look like this.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote