Old December 20th, 2021, 05:04 PM   #376
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I think the biggest thing that Omicron is telling us is that while the fatigue of dealing with this crap for 18+ months has worn down both the individual and collective patience of many, the sad truth is that we may be much further from the "end" of all this than all of us would hope.
My microbiology teacher in college (1970s) told us that the end of mankind won't be nuclear war or some terrible weather event, or an asteroid colliding with the earth, it will be caused by microbes. He pointed out that we had eliminated one killer, which was smallpox, while many new microbe based diseases had popped up in the meantime.

I feel that we're all lucky that SARS-CoV-2 hasn't so far decided to kill 90% of us, rather something around 2% of those who get COVID. For that reason I probably won't get impatient or complain about having to wear a mask or having to get vaccines if I want to get some amount of immunity without getting sick. And I'm grateful that people are working hard to make vaccines and anti-viral drugs available.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.