View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:56 AM   #27
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

As said, $4K isn't much, but I can tell you that for your second bike, make sure it's a different TYPE of bike.

I.E--if you already have a Ninja 250, maybe get a Harley, or a Star Bolt. Maybe even a dirt bike.

It's pointless to have two of the same type of bikes. Ive met a lot of friends that had a 600cc and 1000cc sportbike and eventually they wished they got a naked bike instead. And then there are some friends that are loaded and have multiple bikes (many different type of sportbikes).

My many discussions with many motorcycle enthusiasts was and has been that a motorcycle connoseur needs 3 different bikes. For me, I have my Ninja 250 as a track bike, My Triumph Bonneville as my commuter, and I would either like to have a dirtbike, a mini (like a Honda Grom or NSR 50), or a dual sport bike...(I'm leaning more towards a dirtbike so I can do dirt tracks and go offroading).

But then again, it's your money and your decision in the end.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote