View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2021, 12:57 PM   #9
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
I replaced my stator over the weekend. I got a new one from RMStator and they were excellent to work with (fast shipping and great support), and I'm glad I did because, sure enough, my old stator had evidence of burning up when I pulled it.

Now, not surprisingly, I still need to replace my regulator. I happened on a free used r/r, but it is testing the same as my old one resulting in about 12.5 volts of max charging output at 5k rpm. I knew I was going to be in for an upgraded r/r anyway so I am just trying to figure out what route to go.

Option 1 is getting the FH020AA from Roadstercycle.com. After about $160 I have the wiring harness and brand new unit. That seems like the easiest option.

Option 2 is looking for a used SH775. I can find these pretty easily on the Polaris RZR for $50. Granted, that's a used part and there is some risk involved there, but it's a better r/r from what I can gather. I still need to get a wiring kit which runs nearly $50 everywhere I look I need to find a better option for this. Any ideas there?? I just need the two female connectors and enough wiring to make the splice and run to the battery.
Or 3rd option get them from eBays
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote