View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2022, 01:07 PM   #12
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
Just so you know jkv45 the bike run fine in fact it hauls butt all way red line and seem to run fine all-around town.

I try and check and update this part and one above

The thing is it was doing that before I clean air filter and after

I did check it and it look fine and seem to be holding a vacuum and vacuum slide seal are both fine to

The thing is it was doing that before and after carb clean so keep that in mind, I thought maybe at first some particles of dirt got into the carburetor air passage well it was sitting for two weeks while I waiting for new head gasket and NGK plus and oil filter and clutch gasket to do a clutch inspection which turned out to be one of the other common problems with basket and gear being really sloppy which it has and I planning to change it out to a newer clutch from the 08-12 model during the winter months.
So the problem is when holding a consistent throttle position and RPM only?

If it ran the same before and after carb work, it could mean you didn't correct the problem when you were in the carbs.

Looking into the carbs from the airbox side, are the collars/needle jets protruding up into the venturis?

Collars/needle jets (silver pieces on the left) - https://faq.ninja250.org/images/e/eb/Jim_carb_2.jpg
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote