View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2022, 08:22 PM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok I just got back from about a 6 mile ride on a back road....
the bike preformed better in almost every respect as far as the engine goes , so I must'a done something right ! LOL
when giving it a handful of throttle it pulls alot harder than it did before
but that is a relative kind of assumption as it's been a while sense I've ridden it
but to me it does feel stronger.... especially around 5000RPM and up before it was sluggish there, acceleration was not super strong in that range but now it is noticeably stronger so overtaking and passing on the freeway should be alot better before accelerating to pass was quite slow so I think that portion has been fixed....
when I got home I shifted into neutral and put it on it's side stand and opened the gate and just let the bike idle there.... it did so with no problems right near 1500 to 1600 RPM. and the bike was at full operating tempiture. so that's good!
..... when crusing along the engine runs alot smoother than it used to
now I want to get that rough idle smoothed out and I'll be happy
when I first fired it up I was paying real close attention to how it was running
as I did not let it warm up before I started moving it out of the fenced yard
( it's a P.I.T.A to get that heavy beast in and out through that skinny gate!)
but it handled it fine even cold....
giving it throttle and load when it was cold didn't matter at all she started working from the start ..so that is a good sign !
I certainly cannot do that with the Ninja ! and the Triumph complains alot when I do that... but the RX4 just took it in stride and was ready to go from the start ! which is pirty cool to see that !!!
so I think all my effort has paid off and the bike is running better !
....only time will tell the TRUE story though I am sure !
Bob.....