View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2022, 02:52 AM   #21
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ugh that's a good question buddy ! Just about everything about FAR !
I cut everything down in the bike from it's 14.625 FAR to 13.625 FAR I did everything from big tables to small graphs vurtually anything with 14.625 in it I changed it !!!!!
the most interesting ones were in the power Enrich area I think it was it had a huge graph table and went from zero to 8500 RPM and almost all were 14. something they did get progressively richer but not near enough in my book so I changed them to even richer ! some I got all the way to 12.5 but not too many of those a few I may have gotten to 12.0 but that was at 8500 RPM which I'll never reach ! LOL
yah I can make a liniar graph of the bike running but I don't think a 3D graph like you showed.... i dunno i might be able too LOL
but I am really impressed with the way it picks up now you need to give that bike alot of throttle because it goes off the throttle position and that is diferent than a carbed bike and I'm still not used to it.... usually on my Triumph 1/4 turn is all it takes to really haul ass on this bike it hakes about half throttle to feel the engine trying as hard as it can ! it's not that the power isn't available it's just that it's a long way on the turn of the throttle !
on the Triumph every bump can cause a big acceleration but the RX4 doesn't do that very often and setting the cruse speed is easier on the RX4 because of that the Triumph is a real touchy cruse any movement on the throttle at all is going to cause you to slow down alot or speed up alot it's got a touchy throttle !
I can make a Bin file now with all my patches in it for anyone that owns a RX4 and wants it free of charge I doubt you'ed pass a smog check but not many states check bikes ! ( speak up if you want it !)
it's kind'a strange how the maker of HUD ECU HACKER does things you do not modify the bin file until you upload the patch , then it's part of the bin file
which is kind'a good actually as I can see what ones I have changed and what ones I haven't (first I have to look through my patch files and see if I have one with the EXACT same name or not to see if I did one for it already)
But that isn't too bad... I learned real fast to name my patch files carefully because of that....
I was working on it a bit ago and doing a cupple of large AFR sheets that took me forever and I found that I had already made one that was half done so I just loaded it and finished it so it's now ready for the Open loop patch !
( that's the one that got down to 12.500 AFR ) but I haven't put it inthere yet
I don't get to the open loop very often, infact I never came close on my ride today I just putted to the end of Hoy road and back taking in the view and laughing at the calves that looked so shocked to see a motorcycle on their road ! LOL
but the closed loop I did the last patch and i could tell it was alot stronger running
the Acceleration enrich doesn't have much in it that I can change
but the power enrich does it has 2 big graph sheets and I finished them tonight.... so that might be another eye opener who knows !
However I could not find how to cut back the air at idle so the idle would settle down for some reason they alow way too much air in the Chinese bikes
( others have complained about this as well and this guy found that halfing the amount of air at idle cured his rough idle.... so I was trying to find it to no avail ..... that's what I started doing tonight, but got derailed by the AFR Graph sheet that was half done..lol

Burr it's getting cold in here I got all the windows open ! LOL time to go close them all !
later buddy !
Bob......