View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2022, 01:51 AM   #22
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Man I cannot find anything that controls the Idle..... the IAC section is very criptic
and has a section in it that confuses the HE*L out of me.... it's a short one line chart that
goes off throttle position (of all things) which makes no sense to me.... it's idling there is no throttle input so why the heck is there a throttle selection chart for the Idle in there?
the IAC = Idle Air Control and there is 2 sections one for the PIC or something like that and the normal one with 23 entries in it's folder has that strange graph off of the throttle position it also has the Pintle Min and max settings Max being 255 and Min being 4..... but from what I can tell the idle is open all the way to 8000 RPM which makes no sense to me at all it does progressively slowly close the Idle air circuit when it reaches that RPM but in mid range it is a long way open.... I would have thought that if you had the capabilies to turn off the idle circuit the smart thing to do would be to turn it off completely after 3000 RPM or something like that ...why leave it open?
are they supplementing the fuel to the injector .... that just doesn't make too much sense ....
I'd think having the idle circuit turned off completely above 2500~3000 RPM would be smart as it wouldn't interfere with the AFR that is taking over the work and your FAR wouldn't spike one way or the other..... but they keep it active throughout the engines run time ! ..... so you have 2 things that are effecting the AFR instead ...makes no sense!
it's like they are mimicking a carburetor and have not progressed beyond that yet because Yah that is what a carb does but you have the capabilities to correct that now..... and they haven't done that !
Bob