View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2022, 09:28 AM   #27
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, I did learn a few things... you can add patch files into a single master patch file and then just add that to the ECU which get's rid of the mutable patch file problem that will wipe out the previous patches problem I was having
because when doing a patch it wipes the ECU clean and puts back in the ECU map .bin that you have selected then adds the patch.....
...so that problem is solved
I started messing with the spark because I had a unsteady running of the engine at 4500 RPM it would raise and lower in RPM every few seconds
and once I got into it it was indeed a big can of worms....
the main chart it uses for spark is a total mess in stock form it has the spark being advanced to over 50degrees in many places !!!! I came to the conclusion that they did that for emissions, but it makes no sense mechanically to me !
i started changing the spark advance chart bringing everything above 42 degrees to 42 degrees and there was a bunch of changes to do....
but in so doing I started getting this uneasy feeling that I was messing it up ! not knowing why they did this and why to such extremes bothers me alot
the max advance was set at 70 degrees advanced ! that is rediculas and should never be put onto an engine in my opinion, so why is it there ???
the more I messed with it the less confident I became and I finally chickened out and just erased everything and put it back to stock and only changed the Idle speed and left it at that !
to me it is very obvious that the ECU is programed very poorly straight from the factory.....more attention was put on emissions than HP in every instance
hence the Running so lean.... but there are thousands of these bikes out there and they don't have any history of melting the pistons so I guess stock is ok in the long run.
I didn't have any problem getting the ECU to keep the 13.625 FAR that I wanted it to be instead of the 14.625 FAR so that worked but in so doing that the Speed began to be unsteady at 4500 RPM (I THINK because of the spark, but I am not positive.)
so instead of tempting fate on a brand new bike I decided to take it back to stock all but slowing down the fast idle speed.
so that is where I sit now
Bob.....