View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2022, 02:52 PM   #25
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

A file laid flat will take off the big stuff... chances are that the aluminum on the petcock is not flat anymore so try your darn-dist to flatten it out with a file so it will seal flat.
..... man that thing is a mess ! good luck you got a long way to go !
yes a smaller charger like that will work on electrolysis most will cut back to 1.5 or 2 amps and that is all you want anyway unless your in a big hurry!
I'ed be tempted to try and silver plate the inside of the tank with a old silver spoon or fork.... If I remember correctly you need to attach the tank to the negative side and the electrode in the tank ( not touching anything but the water) is positive..... if you are trying to plate something the leads need to be reversed because electricity flows from negitive to positive ! (Not positive to negitive) set it all up and let it churn for a day or two and then replace the water and do another 2 days .... then reverse the leads and try to plate the inside with copper or silver to keep the rust at bay
be sure to check your charger periodically as they have a tendency to turn them selves off ! )most have a thermo sensor inside and turn off if they get too hot.
.... I really do hope that is not water in the bottom end I am hoping it is gasoline, although that is really bad for seals water is worse on the cylinders and oil pump !
Believe me I know how difficult it can be to live with an older person.... but you need to remember your time is coming ! and getting old is not easy ...it's the hardest thing I have ever encountered and I'm not that old yet.... I can only hope I die before I reach 90 ! as from what I've seen that is a living hell
when your body changes, your brain doesn't work half as good as it used to and your memory goes away.... it is pure torture ! it's no fun ! she needs support not ridicule as this is the hardest time in her entire life..... REMEMBER THAT..... she needs you !
Good luck !
Bob......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.