View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2022, 09:42 AM   #29
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
LOL um don't ask me ! I never use a dip... I clean carbs by hand...which explains why I have had to pull the carbs on my Ninja 250R 3 times.... they work now..... but something still isn't right in there....
I fired it up about a week ago when it was over 100 degrees here, it fired right up and ran like a top ...if I do that when it's cold I have to baby it for 10 minutes !!!! and it definitely will not start without the choke !
....so something is still dirty in the pilot circuit they are very hard to get clean in a ninja carb.... I did get a ultrasonic cleaner but I haven't had to pull the carbs off sense LOL
Bob....
LOL! It’s an open question. Not sure if you saw the reply above it with video of the petcock but, yeah, it’s just a huge cavity after removing the bulk of the corrosion.

Regarding the clear fluid in the clutch cover/oil fill port: I smelled it and it’s definitely gas. Looks clean so I guess it’s still stable but seeing what it did to the aluminum parts of the fuel door and petcock I expect similar damage in the carbs. Still haven’t got to it.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote