View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2022, 11:09 AM   #58
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I'm getting closer to a solution on this, but I'm just not there yet. Here is what it's doing:
All these voltages are read with the engine running.
I am reading 14v across the headlamp fuse, regardless of a jumper wire being placed between the stator and the one yellow wire going to the junction box.
I am reading 0v coming off the blue/yellow wire coming out of the junction box with no jumper in place.
When I jump from a 12v source to the yellow r/r signal wire going into the junction box, it spins the starter motor. This seems to follow, given the wiring diagram.
When this jumper is in place (and the engine and starter motor are running simultaneously), I read about 0.4v at the blue/yellow wire coming out of the junction box.
Obviously, I am reading 0v at the hi/lo handlebar switch.
Running a jumper to activate the headlight relay makes sense to me as I study the wiring diagram. Reading 14v across the headlight fuse makes me think I have voltage attempting to get to the headlight, but it's not making it out of the junction box. Is this a malfunctioning relay? That's all I can deduce from the wiring diagram, but why does the starter motor spin any time I send 12v through the yellow signal wire? Aren't those relays independent of eachother save for the yellow/red wire going between them? How is my jumper doing anything different from the factory wiring?