View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2022, 02:45 PM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Howdy All....
We just got the internet back up about 30 min ago....
yes we're fine, but alot of loss here in town... over 200 houses burnt down
2 dead, and some injuries, but not many.
they came by and said evacuate !
so we loaded up but the fire was a long way away at that point and I knew if I did evacuate I would not be able to get back home so we stayed and were ready to dash.... the fire got to within about 2000 yards from our place at the closest point, but the winds that were strong and erratic finally changed away from us and the fire took off across country, devastating the beautiful ranch land to the north east.
.... it took 3.75 days to get electricity back on so everything in the freezer was gone..... I didn't think about starting the generator till the 2nd day !
i hooked it up and ran it but it took an hour to just get it cool again
so we tossed over $300.00 of frozen food and just came back with a bit more from town today.
my wife has been getting non refrigerated emergency like foods for the 6 years we have been here so we ate well regardless of no power
( smart girl !)
.... they were exceedingly slow in lifting the evacuation order here which was very aggravating, but they do what they gott'a do !
Yah we loaded the car and 2 bikes and were ready to bug out.... but there was actually no need ... I don't think half the people on my block left...
my nice neighbor put his water hose over the back fence so I could fill the water jugs for 3 days ! so I bought him a 30 pack of budwizer HAHAHHA!
but all in all we survived fine it was awesome seeing the big bombers take out a 1/4 mile of fire at a dumping..... those things are amazing ! and their still working it on the far end .
thanks for the concern my friends !
Bob.......

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.