View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2022, 01:12 AM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Very true Cali.... there are several fire trucks and their crew just parked at strategic places watching hot spots....
when a fire burns into an old stump under ground it can burn for weeks and then re emerge making another forest fire...
it's been a nail biting week so far but things are starting to return to normal now....
this fire , or fighting it, did not go like normal at all.... they Immediately called for extra help and got it !(which is Odd ) they had more men and equipment on this fire than any fire I have Ever witnessed and huge bombers too, I counted 4 big guys , and several big helicopters dumping water from their big buckets and smaller planes as well.... they had the equipment ! and I am sure that is the reason the town was SAVED if it were left to just our Local guys
the whole east side of town (where I am at) would not be here... of that I am sure !
I want to make a plywood sign that says "Thank you fire fighters" and put it in my front yard ! LOL ...but I have no black paint ! hummmm !
..... those guys saved our asses !

We went to town ( Yreka) today and the devastation looks really small from the main freeway.... a few bare spots where houses used to be but it is relilitively small.
.... I bet next year they will be real adamant about people keeping the grass down around their place !.....
..... I have been doing that all along as I know that it has to be done !
and my house is almost burn proof... it has non burnable siding and a metal roof.... but neither of my neighbors have that.... and if they go up chances are the intense heat would make mine go too. I had 13 motorcycles turn into puddles about 12 years ago on the Ranch ... forest fires are NOTHING to mess with they are serious business !
Bob.......