View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2022, 12:39 PM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
And I must say it works very well indeed..... I put a ounce or so in the half full gas tank of the generator some 4 or 5 years ago... drug the generator out a few days ago took the shop broom to it and dusted it off turned on the gas and gave it 2 pulls and it fired right up and ran like a top..... that is AMAZING !
.... i just wish I had done that sooner as I lost all the food in the freezer !
I just didn't think it would run at all... i figured I'ed have to pull the carb and clean the fuel system but nope ! I did syphon some gas out of the RX4 and add to the gas after the fact and ran it some more....
the generator is practically bran new a 3600watt from Harbor freight tools
and it has served me well.
so I will get more of that stuff, the STA-BUL 360 does indeed work !
because I know for a fact that gas was 4 to 5 years old ! at a minimum !
that is the same stuff I put in the bikes... I think I bought 2 containers of it and I only have a tiny bit left in one.... so I put more than they called for per gallon in the gas tanks ! LOL.....
Bob.......
Use the Stabil 360 Marine, it has twice concentration as other variations.

How large are atmostpheric vents on these Triumph carbs? I've found that plugging carb vent-tube down by rear-shock really lets Ninja 250 sit through winter without any problems. Less evaporation of carbs to cause clogging and less moisture sneaking in to separate petrol and ethanol.

Of course, draining carbs and running them dry will also work, but more trouble than just a cork. Since I really don't know how long bike will sit.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 15th, 2022 at 08:58 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote