View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2022, 04:46 PM   #17
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, each carb on the triumph has a prime button in it that you press down till gas comes out under the button and runs all over the place...sloppy but very effective...
so that vent is always open to the atmosphere.
I usually will turn off the gas on both sides of the gastank and then run the bike till it runs out of gas (like when I am storing it for winter)
but strangely enough i haven't knoticed that practice helping in keeping those jets clear as it sets for a few months.... I think it does but I have to be very sure to get the carbs dry for it to help and that is more hassel than it is worth some times !
I think I will see if there are drain screws on those new Amil carbs and just drain them for this winter as the gas leaked out due to a leaking seal under the petcock a few months ago and I've not re filled the tank
.... although I should re fill the tank and put some Sta-bul Marine in it for the winter ...I don't want to leave it empty or it will rust ! ....
My plan this summer was to clean the shed and get all the bikes under cover
in there for this coming winter, but that isn't looking very likely at this time
looks like the bike covers is all that will protect them again.
I have to start getting rid of some of this Junk around here as it is starting to take over.....and I am running out of places to put things !
I've got a Doctor appointment in 2 weeks 70 miles away to run some tests on my arm and see why it is going dead on me every once in a while....i already know intermittent shorts are extremely hard to find and near impossible if they are working at the time, but the doctors are going to try and find out what the problem is..... I wonder if I can tell them just to re wire the whole thing ? LOL ( I better not, they might be able to do that !)
but anything to keep my right arm from going completely lifeless at times
I can't handle that !!!! so surgery for the shoulder or elbow is probably in the near future.... woopie what fun !
....seems like every time I get working on a project for about 2 weeks it starts acting up..... very inconvenient !
I haven't done anything but mess with tin can camp stoves for about a month now and my arm has been fine.... i guess it's wore out ! LOL...
.... and I haven't done any bike riding this summer at all just a few jaunts,
but getting that suspension setup on the RX4 is what aggravated it I think.
so it's time to back off wrench turning for a while ! ...UGH !
later all
Bob......