View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:44 AM   #65
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I put two good rides in on this bike over the weekend. Temps were fantastic and the bike did great, there seem to be no more charging issues and fueling is fantastic as always since Gordon's carb-redux.

All I can say now (if I'm nit-picking) is that the 120 rear tire is at its limit. It squirms a bit when you're really getting on it. I could see installing a 130 before too long. The rear shock is off a 300, and it does okay but not fantastic at keeping the back wheel on the ground. I won't change that out until I get a little more rubber under the back end though. I am currently running 1 extra tooth on the front sprocket and I think I'll go back to stock on that as I need my rpms to come up a little faster. I have to keep momentum going on this a lot more than with my 650 so every little bit helps. It seems like anything under 10k rpms is just dead slow.

I got some footage with my 360 camera but I haven't taken the time to edit it down. Videos are cool but I have little patience for the processing I stopped for a single pic though, this is just north of Fallbrook at the Santa Margarita Preserve:

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.