View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2022, 02:29 PM   #30
blackiredi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R (track), '20 Street Triple 765 (street), '12 CRF150R SM (racing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Ah, so your left side has already been repaired. Can probably leave that plate off. Unless it's welded to frame, wouldn't change how loads are transmitted to frame. Would press on frame exactly same as having rearsets in direct contact (if original threads are stripped).

Are original outside threads good enough to use? Gently thread bolts in 5-turns and wiggle & yank on them. Would be good time to weld new inserts in for fresh threads on outside.

And drill other side's inner layer and weld some thin nuts on as well. Use long threaded bolt to go through both sets of threads to hold backside nuts in place and synchronise threads.
So, I got my self two options. The first is 8mm rivet nuts- I can put one in front and one in back for threads on both layers. The other is hexagonal joining nuts- or whatever they are called. These I would place through the frame and weld to both layers of the frame for a "through thread". I'm leaning toward rivet nuts because the welder I have access to would mean transporting a non-rolling bike.

Thoughts?
blackiredi is offline   Reply With Quote