View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2022, 07:01 AM   #70
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
Probably the best alternative in my mind is to quit screwing around with this stupid thing and ride it. It's running great and the new charging system is working perfectly; the only issue is the headlight doesn't work. I can get 12v to the light w/o going through that stupid junction box and possibly fried relay.
Not to mention, I don't like how the stock relay controls the headlight. I would rather run a relay that turns the headlight on with the ignition. I have the 12v accessory source right there at the front of the bike. I can run a simple relay from that w/ an inline fuse to the blue/yel wire at the 9pin connector under the tank, then use the brown ign wire to signal the relay. Done. And I would consider that an improvement.
I'm late to the party, but the junction box actually has an unused output from the headlight fuse that doesn't go through the relay. It just turns on and off with the ignition. I was going to use it when I did my Koito bi-LED (similar to a HID) swap. I think it may have been one of the corner pins in the connector, but I need to find my notes on it...

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote