View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #138
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotrons View Post
Just because somebody could not do it, does not mean others can not do it.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
As Matt just said everything lines up.

@setasai with the new boot the new TBs are very sturdy and dont move that much. I have the K&N single pod and it went on with no problems, even with the old gen TBs i had no issues with that whats so ever. NO mounting brackets or anything.

All in all took me about 3-4 hours to install everything (had to redo the fuel lines bc i had the fuel injectors on the bottom before. And about an hour to get the software to fight with my antivirus lol. But Was all worth it . Im very pleased with the new gen system.
Agreed. Alignment is perfect and very sturdy. I like the new fuel rail but with the new boots, which i also love, the throttlebody comes very close to the engine. Not a negative. It just surprised me and forced me to reroute some of the fuel lines as well. This took the bulk of the time.

I also noticed that too. The new boots are uber secure. I was concerned before, but definitely not anymore.

It took me about 4 hours as well to put it together. Hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to route the fuel lines. It would be easier if the K&N wasnt so bulky. It started right up. Havent had a chance to take it out but this should be a fun weekend. Those of you doing the swap, this would be a good opportunity to lube and grease up your throttle cables.

Btw, I have my fuel pump below the throttlebody but further towards the back. I used the bolt that was originally for the airbox. I couldnt find a better spot since majority of the space on the left side of the frame is taken up by access to the throttle cables. Anywhere else wouldnt be low enough to be under the gas tank. It might be different on the pregens.