View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2023, 09:33 AM   #41
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok ! I got the carb back on it the hoses sorted and the clamps on the carb boots on there good... the one on the air cleaner side did not want to fit on very good... it has shrunk with age and drying out... am I the only one that spreys the rubber boots on everything
with WD-40 ? that stops them from shrinking and getting hard ! sprey the boots guys !
....I turned on the gas and watched the new in line fuel filter fill then the flow stopped abruptly...like it should as the float turned off the flow...
I turned on the key pulled the choke and hit the starter and it fired right up ....
I let off the choke and it died... it's 40degrees out there so it needed the choke a bit longer than a few seconds ! .... pulled the choke and hit the starter and it fired right up even faster .... both times it started without doing the pop turn through pop turn through thing it had been doing... this time it turned through the first time about 2 times then fired and it was running ! the second time it didn't make a full revolution and it fired right up .... so evedently the battery is charged up better than the first time LOL
I let it warm up for about 1 minute ( not very long at all) and turned the thumb screw idle air screw I put in there and opened it up a bit and it sped up a little and then stopped gaining RPM so I quit there.... that's good enough till she is good and warm
seemed to work great it took throttle even being cold like it was but I didn't push my luck doing that ! HEHEHEH !
Next I'll put on the new rack I got for it.... I bought some handle bar risers for it while I bought the foot pegs and I haven't put them on yet I want to ride it a few times to get a feel for it.... actually I may not need them ! but I think I will standing on the pegs !
I like to froze my fingers off out there putting the carb back on.... but I have to admit it sure was easier than putting the carbs on the Ninja ! HAHAHA!
....My sparkplugs finally came for the Ninja too.... so maybe I'll get that thing running again some time soon !
I gott'a remember to charge the Triumphs battery too..... and put another cover on it as her bottom is hanging out in the breeze !..... cheap cycle covers don't last !
later all !
Bob.......