View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2023, 02:24 PM   #51
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, I didn't get to the valve lash today.....instead I tackled putting on a new front tire.... and it fought me all the way even using all my tricks !
I set the tire and rim on a trash can, and soaked the outside by the bead with soapy water and it still was a bitch to get off there ! .... it's a 21" tire it should be real easy to get on and off the bead but no-sir ! it was pry it all off in short spaces....
I took my time and was in no hurry and I believe I took the old tire off and put the new tire on without pinching the tube even once ! so that is a victory !
i put about 40 psi in it and then let it out to 24psi. that may be too hard for the dirt but we'll see....
2 things came today, the shinko 244 tire and the Samdo spedo/tachometer
that thing may well have been a waste of money but I got it for $54.00
so I grabbed it... it will be a royal P.I.T.A. to install it I am sure but if it works like I hope it will I will be very happy..... I miss not having a tach on that bike.... however the spedo on the new dash thing only has one default tire size.... which is 1.8meters in cir. and I have no idea how far off my spedo will be off because of that I was under the impression that I could select from a list of tire sizes.... and I still might be able to but the instructions didn't mention a list in the things funtions so I dunno....
it came with instructions and 3 pictures but to say their instructions is a joke
it's like plug it in to 12v and you'll figure it out ! and I suppose that is how I'll do it ! HAHAHAHHA !
having that dash /spedo on the bike should make a big difference in appeal to me..... I like bells and whistles.....and this thing has a bunch of them
it was surprising to me how much I liked the RX4 because of it's dash that thing was cool.... (half of it's funtions were useless but they were there!)
this dash has a water tempiture gauge too but I will hook that up to a head bolt for head tempiture ! it also has a fuel gauge but I have no sending unit in the gas tank so that is a useless thing and about 6 other funtions that I'll never use.... like gear selection you have to have a bike that tells the gauge what gear you are in.... I think all I have is a neutral indicator ! LOL
it only got to 50 deg. today so all my work on the tire was chilly ...
I got up at 4:30am this morning so I may well go take a nap ...I'm pooped !
HAHAHHA
So I can now ride that beast without fear of having to drive back with a flat front tire ! ....(at least that is how it is supposed to work !!!!)
Later !
Bob.........