View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2023, 02:22 PM   #52
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok... I finally got the valves checked.... their right on I didn't have to touch them....
I then took off the seat so I could figure out a way to anchor the front part of the seat... I didn't like it flopping around.
so I drilled a hole through the seat and put a big hanging washer on a bolt and screwed it down.... it's ugly but it does hold the front of the seat to the gas tank like it should be.
drilling that hole was the tricky part...not knowing where to drill it or having a way to mark it... so I found a 1/4x28 bolt that would screw into the spot and cut the head of the bolt off and sharpened the threaded part to a point so it would scratch the plastic on the seat pan... I bolted the seat down and added some weight to the seat and then moved the front of the seat back and forth to scratch the seat pan.... that would line up that mark with the hidden bolt on the tank.... I then just centered a hole in the seat pan and drilled through the seat all the way through.... I then had to make a bolt that would fit that.... so I spent an hour continuing a thread on a longer bolt that I could cut down to fit the application.... I had to cut it down 2 times to get it right....then I put it on and everything fit...it needs a fancy button or something there instead of the washer that I concaved with a hammer.
as it is ugly as sin !..... but it does work ! it holds the seat flush to the tank now like it should.
the new tire I put on yesterday is still up and holding air...so I must have done something right ! LOL
by the time I was done with that My back was Killing me so I called it quits and came inside to sit down ! getting old sux !
Bob......