Old October 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #200
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRice View Post
Gotcha

Btw I've been meaning to ask. How satisfied are you with your aftermarket rear sets?
I'm happy with them overall. Lets start with my cons (these are really nit picky if you ask me).

First would be that with my exhaust I can't set the rear brake lever exactly where I want it, its a bit low. But again that's because the area p high mount race exhaust bends up higher than a stock or "normal mount" exhaust. It's just one of those things where I really have to push down farther with my toe to hit the rear brake, its just not right there at my toe like stock. Second, isn't really a complaint, but just know you'll lose the functionality of the rear brake light with MOST rear sets. The spring system with is use with stock rear sets won't attach. Although you can just get a pressure switch to fix all this (I haven't got around to ordering one yet).

Now the good!

I like the position, I personally think it's more comfortable. Lowered my knees down the tank a bit, so my knees no longer rest on that awkwardly placed crease on the tank. Although I'm short so I don't know if it'd get someone taller's knees down that far. You're not going to be like holy crap I need to be an acrobat to use these things, but you'll notice it first few times. Does force you to use your knees to grip the tank a little, but with stock handle bars you're not super aggressive or anything like that. No regrets getting them.

Next time we ride hop on my bike to feel the positioning. Over the winter probably going to get clip ons, then I'll be nice and aggressive

I'm sure I've missed something here, so if you have a more specific question, just ask and I'll do my best
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote