View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #157
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMaxx View Post
Okay ninjettes, my 08 250j is my first bike and I've had it since late January, and I've kept noticing at about 60mph, the bike is riding at about 73-7500 RPMs in 6th gear. I'm not sure if this is normal or to high, I think it's a little to high, if so, HOW do I fix it?? It's actually kinda annoying. Please help lol.
That's not even close to the powerband for the little Ninja. You need to get used to having an engine that NEEDS to be revved to be happy.

Your Ninja ('08) has been tuned to produce a bit more mid-range power than the previous Gen, but it still needs to be heading towards 10,000 to really make power.

Depending on your size and weight, you could gear it "up" to get the RPMs to drop. You would cruise at a lower RPM but would lose some acceleration and "snap".

If you are running about 60 MPH most of the time, gearing "up" might drop you to a point that's too low for acceptable acceleration and may even reduce the mileage.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote