Thread: -Vent
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM   #7
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

well guys, it snapped today about 2 miles into my ride even after i lubbed the hell out of it. I'm thinking it's the original cable, and the bike has 43kmiles (19 being mine i guess it was just it's time :/

so i made the remaining 30 mile round trip to work without the clutch at all. Not sure if learning and doing this in the morning Orlando rush hour traffic was a good thing, or bad thing. I did almost get rear ended when i was first at the light and it turns green and I stalled. Overall I think I stalled it 2 or 3 times on the way to work, and zero times on the way back, which was also during rush hour. The pushing off and sliding into first really helps. It slips right in. going through second and 3rd were pretty jerky, but the rest of the gears i could do kinda smoothly. A lot of my down shifts were pretty smooth, some non existent. I'm surprised how easy it is to ride without using the clutch at all.

Luckily I'm off work tomorrow and the shop in town has them instock, $18. Only hiccup is that it's about a 50mile roundtrip, half highway miles. How much damage am I doing riding like this? I might be able to get a ride though...keyword might.
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote