Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:00 PM   #8
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3200 View Post
Edit: Title "Clutch Cable About To Snap"

I'm kind of stressing, the clutch cable on my 250 is about to snap right at the lever. I just noticed this tonight when i noticed the lever needed to be tightened. I think i got the basic concept down of shifting without the clutch, but any pointers or advice from someone that's gone through this would be nice. Since i noticed it, i've been clutchless upshifting as much as possible, but still relying on it for stops and the low gears.
Basically, let the bike stall or hit the kill switch at lights/stops.. start in 1st with a little throttle and go.. and when i downshift, let the rpms fall low and blip the throttle. is this correct?

Hopefully I can get this cable QUICK. I'm a commuter with no car..need to get to work in the morning. any way to rig it or prolong the rest of it's short life? Honestly, I didn't take a good look it was dark out. What i saw was the majority of the cable was ripper at the lever and only a few strands intact.
If you need to stop just hit the kill switch if you need to start I leave it in first hit the starter and go.