View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #25
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

@codestp202 - I originally had sneakers like the SS ones you were looking at (Shift Kickers) until I had numerous people tell me that they didn't protect me from the most common motorcylcle injuries. I bought the alpinestars smx-5 and I absolutely love them. Like you, I didn't want to look like a power ranger walking around in full race boots but these are remarkably comfortable and they feel so much more secure. I feel naked if I try to ride with my old "riding" sneakers now. I will wear these on my ride to work and sometimes forget to change them until later in the day because they are comfortable enough for me to forget i'm wearing them. I pull my work pants (slacks or khakis) over them so unless you wear 10yr old boy jeans, you should be able to cover them with your jeans.

If money is tight, there are still many full boot options available. Try looking at the Cortech Latigo as well. Those can had for $143 here: http://www.bikebandit.com/cortech-la...torcycle-boots.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote