View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2015, 08:40 AM   #18
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
OK, so here's what I've been kicking around for my next project.

A lamp from either the Ducati 350 head/cylinder on a base (that needs some extreme trimming and cutting) or a couple of HD cylinders with one turned upside-down on the other.

I've been looking for the right HD cylinders, but no luck so far. The one pictured took an incredible amount of time to get nice-looking highlights on the edges of the cylinders as they are pretty rough and uneven castings. I have a set of HD Twin Cam jugs with milled fins, but they are wider and more squat - which doesn't look quite right. I've been told Evolution jugs are what I want - same height and width as the ones I like but milled fins.

I picked-up this brushed metallic-looking shade to use either way. It's an unusual plastic that's actually partially transparent.

I might go with the Ducati head/cylinder in black with highlights, but it's going to be a tough one to do based on the size and shape of the finning and how it tapers off on the top of the head.

Still trying to decide...
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote