View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #1
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Question Is it bad to leave your gear in the Givi all day

So ... I put a 35 liter top case on my Ninja this Spring. I did it because I needed a more secure solution for commuting and for grocery shopping.

Whereas tomorrow starts the Ninja Commuter season for me, I have thought about strapping my rolling briefcase/luggage to the Givi for the following reason.

When I got to thinking about leaving ATG in the Givi all day, I became concerned about the effect of the sun beating down on the Givi all day, and how it could affect the material. I have mesh pant and full on summer jacket now.

Is it bad to leave your gear in the Givi all day?

I still need the Givi for the convenience of going places and bringing things back. This would also free me to stop at the grocery store on the way home and have plenty of room for groceries. The luggage will be where I stow the ATG during the day and my other stuff, wallet, lunch box, etc. My tank bag expands and so I could use this for my helmet and it becomes a backpack. the luggage has wheels.

It comes down to the fact that there is no shade at the lot, and especially true for the two parking spots that are specifically reserved for motorcycles; that would be mine and the one other commuter that rides regularly...

Last futzed with by wendyjboss; May 25th, 2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: bad grammar
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote