View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #11
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I'm out in Katy. My sister, mom, and brother are out in Cypress. My other brother is out in Memorial. My mother-in-law is down the street from me and my sister-in-law is down the road about 10-minutes.

So I got a call earlier saying that my parents got some water in their house thanks to a boat going down the street. Second time their house has flooded. They JUST got their house fixed again from that last flood. So this is most likely going to push them to move. I think they are officially done with the old house (have had it since I was in high school).

My sister-in-law called as well and they were getting a little water from their backyard seeping into the house. I have a feeling I'll be over there helping them install new flooring, insulation, and drywall.

The biggest thing though, is they are safe. Houses can be fixed, items replaced. I've realized that more and more as they day has gone on. Though, my cameras will be safely put away to avoid damage if the water creeps up by my house. The bayou near us is 2ft under max. Our nearest drainage ditch is about 5ft below the bank. I hope it stays that nice for us. At least if they need a place to crash, if our house is fine, they'll have one.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.