View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #20
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
My suggestion: swap & seal water pumps. Diagnose/tear apart and inspect the head gasket. Both are cheap.

If those don't fix it, here's a useful link:
http://www.rcramer.com/bikes/ex250/rebuild_notes.html

A complete rebuild is both more time consuming and expensive than you can wrap your head around if you have to ask, no offense. I did a bunch of work on mine and it was entirely too much effort for what it was. Then I swapped a built newgen engine in. Besides a few small details, that was very easy.
It's difficult to take this guy too seriously with the Barbie doll and grammar. Two things I wish to point out regarding the valve adjustment procedure. Remove the two tear drop shaped rubber cam cover gaskets. If you don't you might lose one down your cam chain tower (ask me how I know). You must drain ALL the coolant out of your system or the engine will "burp" coolant into your crankcase via the vertical tube to the rear of the cam cover (ask me How I know). You do not need to remove the radiator completely. remove the attachment bolts and hang the radiator with a nylon zip tie or a piece of mechanics wire.

I spite of my somewhat snide comments an interesting read.

Bill

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.