Old December 8th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #21
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
What I'd learn in the process is worth my time. Y'know, getting out of your comfort zone and all that crap that keeps us all from killing ourselves.
I get that 100% and that's likely the best reason to get into it for someone like us.

But... again... been there done that on this engine. I was literally in your shoes with your thoughts before I tore into it. I got and ignored the same advice I'm now giving to you. ...and they were right. It was a great learning opportunity but it wasn't worth it.

If you want to pull apart, repair, and rebuild an engine, go trash pick a lawn mower and make it run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
You do not need to remove the radiator completely. remove the attachment bolts and hang the radiator with a nylon zip tie or a piece of mechanics wire.
Even better, drill out the spot welds that attach the coil pack bracket to the engine mount. Then you can get the valve cover off and make a little space for yourself without having to take radiator off or dangle it to make space. A little touch up paint to keep the drilled section from rusting and no one will ever notice that you've drilled anything unless they look closely.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote