Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:18 PM   #18
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Ok here I go, I'm going to be the guy that disagrees. Preparing flame suit.

At first I and many others were on the side of the track day org. (Keigwins) I had assumed the guy, a typical Panigale rider with a dangerous lack of skill and a bike that's way faster than he has any business being on, blew a turn and rode off until he hit something. But a lot of people saw the video and opinions changed. The sandbag right was at the edge of the track in a place where there should be runoff area. Not good. There you have it - someone was negligent.

I already know all the typical responses - He missed the morning meeting, He knew the sandbags were there as he saw them on a previous lap, He was riding above his skill level, he needs money for hit startup, etc. But putting a sandbag right next to the track and leaving it there is almost as negligent as putting a lamp post there. There is no talking around that.

Make no mistake, I love our track day orgs, and I hate idiots who try to sue when they crash in what is an inherently dangerous activity. But there are elements of this case that greatly favor Kim. As big of a dirbag as Daniel Kim seems to be, Keigwins is likely to lose the case. It doesn't make me happy though.

Does anyone see what I'm saying?
or he is the first rider of thousands upon thousands of riders to blow the corner and hit the bags, with his "skill" level he should have been able to negotiate that turn with out issue with a "slower" rider in front of him.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote