View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2018, 04:19 PM   #1
hilli_micha
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Bike loses revs/power with WOT at speed.

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Ninja 250 with 10,500 miles on them and I suddenly started getting a problem today.

On my way out to dinner with my wife, I noticed that while I'm at speed (50mph) and hovering around 6k-8k RPMs, if I try to open up the throttle to speed up, I start actually losing revs and power. The loss of power seems to occur around the 75%~ throttle mark. Then once I roll back off of it, I can start getting some RPMs again, albeit slower and as far as sub-75% throttle will take you. Anyone have any ideas?

The only noteworthy thing to add is prior to going to dinner with my wife, I had to make another stop. This was the first time I took the bike out and while starting the bike I forgot to turn ON the petcock (it was off), so while letting the bike warm up, I was moving it around a little bit and it died. Thinking that I was just asking too much of the engine before it warmed up, I tried starting it a few times before realizing that the petcock was set to OFF. However, I don't recall the bike giving me issue during that errand. I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm including it just in case.
hilli_micha is offline   Reply With Quote