View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Am I a douchebag?

I work at an AT&T cell phone store and I was helping out a couple who wanted to make the switch from dumbphones to smartphones. With help from me they decided on two HTC Vivids. I explained to them the importance of getting a case and a screen protector and they found some that they liked. With the accessories they had chosen, I was hitting my "Accessory per opportunity" goal and they were getting their phones protected. When I rang up the cases, they came up discounted, severely discounted. So rather than tell them that the cases were actually cheaper than they were listed, I told them I was going to give them 2 free car chargers because they had to wait so long. In reality the car chargers were filling the void that the discounted cases left.

In the end they left with what they felt like were some free accessories for a price they planned on paying and I hit my sales goals. So am I a douchebag for what I did? Should I have told them the cases were discounted and then tried to sell them some more stuff to make up for the void in my goals?

For the record I will get fired if I do not hit my sales goals.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote