View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Challenge accepted.

You: "Here, you need this $25 case."

Me: "It's $1.30 on amazon. No tax and free shipping, I'll have it by Friday."

Your move, boss.

And douchebag or not, if people choose not to educate themselves before making a major purchase, they pay the stupidity tax. Back in the day when I sold TVs, the times were very good to me. It's right when digital TV was making it's debut, and HD was right around the corner. The switch from analog to digital projection TVs, flatscreen tubes, and then of course to LCD and plasma in a very brief period. People just wanted what was new but were clueless. You could load up their cart with monster component and optical cables, plus the service plans because "this is still a really new technology so you really want to be protected." My accessory and warranty numbers were through the roof. I won awards from Monster. From tee shirts to the very expensive power supplies.

TL;DR take full advantage of stupid people. Show no mercy.
Alright, lets take the speck case for example, $35 in my store $20 on amazon.

Reasons why you are going to buy it from me

1. 1 year awesome warranty, if you break this case, I'll give you a new one for free, will amazon do that?
2. You get it now

Still don't want it cuz of price eh? Ok well how about this, You buy this $35 case and this $25 screen protector and I'll waive your upgrade fee. Total cost to you is $24 for both. Whereas if you buy it online you'll have to pay the upgrade fee plus the cost of the accessories plus you have to wait for it to arrive. Also, I'll put your screen protector on now, I'm awesome at it and if I mess up I can just grab you a new one.

Anyway that's how I generally deal with the "online shoppers" And in all honesty, those cheap cases are complete crap. The higher quality cases really do make a difference. Ask me how I know
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote